Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy, happy birthday!

Well, as you can see the party was a ton of fun! Sorry it has taken me so long to get these on here! I have been so busy this week. I had class 4 days this week and on Tuesday I had a mid-term. :( So please forgive me.















Samuel's party was great! There were about 40 people there and it was a beautiful day! Samuel loved eating his cup-cake, he found it very tasty! After cake time it was time for presents! Alle girl helped him some and so did Daniel. Daniel saw a "Thomas the Train" toy peeking out of a bag and couldn't keep his hands off! :) It was so funny! The whole time before present time Daniel spent trying to get a hold of the train. Finally I told Dana just to let him play with it. I don't think Samuel minded. ;) The rest of the day Daniel would not let that toy out of his sight! When it was time to go we all thought it was going to be hard to get him to part with it but Elizabeth said "It's time to go. Give baby Samuel Thomas." and low and behold he did! We were all amazed. But not for long... as soon as he was out the door he must have thought "Hey wait a minute! Where is Thomas!?" because he stared to cry for Thomas. But by then it was too late Samuel already had the train.

Samuel really enjoyed getting to play with his big cousins, Christian, Sullivan, Daniel, and Micky! It was so cute all of them kept coming up to Samuel and saying "Happy Birthday Baby Samuel!" Christian helped put together the fort(slide and swing) and once it was done came running up to Samuel saying "Come on Baby Samuel your fort is done and it is so fun!" So off we went to break in the new fort. Samuel slide down the slide and relaxed in the swing while Sullivan pushed him. Sullivan told me that he was getting ready to push his new baby sister in a swing.

All in all it was a wonderful day! I would like to thank Momma, Daddy, Aunt Liz, and Uncle J. With out ya'll this party would not have been a party! Thank you Momma and Daddy for Samuel's slide and swing and David and Sharon for the sand box. We are going to have a great summer playing with them. (Hopefully I can get Samuel to play in the sand box... more on that later.) Also thanks to everyone who came!

A note to Alle: We can't wait until your b-day party! I hope the pollen is gone by then. :)

2 comments:

Gale said...

I love seeing all the great pictures of the party! My favorite is Samuel trying to take off his party hat! Or maybe it is the one where he is hugging you and playing with your hair. No, maybe it's the one of him eating cake! I can't decide! I love them all! It can't be helped since I love him! :)

Rebekah and Petr said...

Wow! What a super-de-duper party! We all hate it that we missed celebrating with you Samuel's first birthday. :( I did tell our parents to give Samuel kisses from me and on his actual day I sang "Happy birthday" to him via Skype. That's gotta count for something, huh?