Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Sand Box


Yesterday something amazing happened! Samuel played in his sand box! Can you believe it? We walked to the park and played there for a while then we came home but on the way home Samuel fell asleep so I left him outside in the stroller. He slept for almost a hour! Then we he woke up he was hungry so he ate some oatmeal. When he was done he told me he wanted to go outside with the doggies so I went and got the dogs and off to the back yard we went. He played on the fort for a few minutes and then I thought I would try the sand box. I took the lid off and he made his "I don't like that face" but I picked up a shovel and gave it to him. Then I put some sand on his feet. He didn't get upset so I stuck his feet in the sand and even then he didn't get upset! After his feet were in he started to get interested. He bent over and put his hand in the sand and laughed! I just sat there and watched because I was to afraid that if I moved he would get upset. About 5 or so minutes went by and he at this point got all the way in the box! It was clear that he was no longer afraid of the sand box! He played in the sand for about half an hour. The fun came to an end when he decided that he wanted to eat it, as soon as he put it in his mouth he stuck out his tongue and started to cry. I had to wipe out his mouth because it was all full of sand. That's when I knew it was bath time! So off we went to get a bath and his teeth brushed! After his bath Dad came home and then Mimi came over to visit. It was a fun day and Mimi got to see Samuel walk a little bite!

1 comment:

Rebekah and Petr said...

These cousins are too alike for their own good. Magdalena ate sand today too! But, evidently she liked it. As I was cleaning one hand after she'd put a handful of sand in her mouth, she used the other one to put in more!!